Sent to members 09/27/2012
Welcome to Information Executive (IE), the e-newsletter by and for AITP Members! See the latest news from the Association, Regions, and Chapters. Read interesting feature articles of interest to all IT Professionals and Students.
Information Executive issues contain links to articles that have been published at the association's web site. We will periodically bundle links to recent articles and send them to you as an issue of this e-Newsletter.
This issue and past Issues of Information Executive can be found at: http://www.aitp.org/?page=PastIssuesInfoExec. This page can be found via the "AITP In the News" link in the left navigation rail.
All IE articles are available at the AITP web portal, www.aitp.org:
- In the right rail, see the "Latest News” box. It features the most recent three articles.
- Click on "More” in the "Latest News” box to find the News Page (http://www.aitp.org/news/), where you can see the latest five articles of each IE section (association, chapters, regions, features, etc.).
- Each section has a "More” link to take you to a page with all articles for that section.
- There is also a drop down box at the top of the news page where you can select a section.
Do you want to be notified immediately of new IE articles, instead of waiting for an IE issue to be emailed to you? The News pages are RSS enabled. Set up your RSS feed today.
Do you like a particular article? Have questions? Please add a comment. See the "add comment” link at the end of each article.
Do you have new, exciting information to tell your fellow AITP members – either about the Information Technology you work with, or about how your chapter or region achieved success? We encourage you to submit an article to IEeditor@aitp.org. See the "Submit IE” page (http://www.aitp.org/?page=SubmitIE) for details and rules.
In this issue of Information Executive:
- Association President Norbert Kubilus lets us know who will be on the 2013 Association Board of Directors, how you can apply for open Board positions, progress in the 2014 NCC (in Atlanta) arrangements, and the plans for the Association Meeting of the Members.
- Former Association Treasurer Pete Schmitt will finish Robin Byler's term as the 2012-2013 Western District Director. Current Western District Director Al Strong will complete another term and be the 2013-2014 Western District Director.
- Attend the Annual Meeting of the Members October 10 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- AITP welcomes new members who joined our association in August 2012.
- AITP President Norbert Kubilus weighs in on the topic of Telecommuting in an interview with Bankrate.com.
- AITP is looking for a member volunteer with Java and/or Grails web development experience to assist with AITP website auxiliary programming.
- AITP members can save up to 40% on printing at FedEx Office. Read about this offer and explore other product and services discounts.
- Read about all the AITP Dues discount programs.
- Attend the AITP Annual Meeting of the Members to be held at the Region 5 Conference, October 10-11, 2012 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It is a great opportunity to meet association leaders, participate in quality educational offerings, and get hints and tips for successful chapter operations.
- Attend the Region 1 / San Diego (California) Cloud Computing Conference on October 11.
- Attend the Region 18 itCon 2012 Charleston (West Virginia) on October 20.
Foundation for Information Technology Education (FITE) / AITP Education Special Interest Group (EDSIG) News:
- Association President Norbert Kubilus encourages members to check out the Information Systems Educator Conference (ISECON) and Conference for Applied Systems Research (CONISAR) to be held November 1 - 4, 2012 in New Orleans. Registration is now open.
- Attend the Region 3 Student Conference, October 11-13 in Lafayette, LA.
- State Farm opens its October 13 Coding Competition to all full time undergraduate AITP student members. Here's an opportunity to win recognition and some serious cash.
- Registration is now open for the IBM Master the Mainframe Contest. This is a great opportunity to win cash, trips, and other prizes while displaying your skills.
- Save the date and start planning your trip to the 18th Annual National Collegiate Conference (NCC) April 4-7, 2013 in St. Louis, MO.
- Keith Murley of the New York Chapter helps us understand the advantages of Cloud Computing.
- IT Jobs are getting hard to fill. See which jobs/skills are in demand in this article from the TechServe Alliance.
- Corporate IT departments are changing. Do you have the right skills to thrive in tomorrow's IT department? See this article from the TechServe Alliance.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is changing IT. Is your company ready? See this article from the TechServe Alliance.
- Dr. Alan Zimmerman's Weekly Tips to help you and your organization succeed.
We appreciate your feedback about Information Executive. Please use the "Contact Us” link at the AITP web site, http://www.aitp.org/general/?type=CONTACT, to let us know how we can improve Information Executive for you.