Sent to members 03/26/2013
Welcome to Information Executive (IE), the e-newsletter by and for AITP Members! See the latest news from the Association, Regions, and Chapters. Read interesting feature articles of interest to all IT Professionals and Students.
Information Executive issues contain links to articles that have been published at the association's web site. We will periodically bundle links to recent articles and send them to you as an issue of this e-Newsletter.
This issue and past Issues of Information Executive can be found at: http://www.aitp.org/?page=PastIssuesInfoExec. This page can be found via the "AITP In the News" link in the left navigation rail.
All IE articles are available at the AITP web portal, www.aitp.org:
- In the right rail, see the "Latest News” box. It features the most recent three articles.
- Click on "More” in the "Latest News” box to find the News Page (http://www.aitp.org/news/), where you can see the latest five articles of each IE section (association, chapters, regions, features, etc.).
- Each section has a "More” link to take you to a page with all articles for that section.
- There is also a drop down box at the top of the news page where you can select a section.
Do you want to be notified immediately of new IE articles, instead of waiting for an IE issue to be emailed to you? The News pages are RSS enabled. Set up your RSS feed today.
Do you like a particular article? Have questions? Please add a comment. See the "add comment” link at the end of each article.
Do you have new, exciting information to tell your fellow AITP members – either about the Information Technology you work with, or about how your chapter or region achieved success? We encourage you to submit an article to IEeditor@aitp.org. See the "Submit IE” page (http://www.aitp.org/?page=SubmitIE) for details and rules.
In this issue of Information Executive:
- Phase two of AITP's Membership Marketing Plan commences. Read about the activities planned for 2013 and beyond to better market AITP, increase awareness of the association, raise membership levels and more.
- Dr. Joyce Little receives the 2012 AITP Distinguished Information Sciences Awards (DISA).
- AITP members Irene Edge, Darlene Gerber, David Chapin, and Mary Reager earn Lifetime Individual Performance Awards.
- AITP President Bill Fly talks about the volunteer opportunities within AITP and the National Collegiate Conference.
- AITP Chapters and Regions can earn financial recognition and support from AITP by completing the Professional Chapter Incentive and Region Funding forms by May 31, 2013.
- AITP welcomes new members who joined our association in January and February.
- Professional Chapters and Regions must file tax returns by May 15. Read this article for details and instructions.
- The Professional Chapter Outstanding Performance Award submission deadline is April 15.
- Read about all the AITP Dues discount programs.
New Student Chapter News:
Foundation for Information Technology Education (FITE) News:
We appreciate your feedback about Information Executive. Please use the "Contact Us” link at the AITP web site, http://www.aitp.org/general/?type=CONTACT, to let us know how we can improve Information Executive for you.