Professional Membership Information
Being an Information Technology Professional can be fast-passed and you do not want to get left behind! By joining AITP as a professional you are joining an association that has over 70 Professional Chapters across the country.
About the membership:
Professional membership dues have national, chapter and some region dues. Each professional pays $105 for national dues and then the chapter and region dues depending on the location. If the area in which you live does not have a local Professional Chapter then you have the ability to create one, or to become a Member At-Large. For more information on finding your local chapter, please see the Find A Professional Chapter page.
Some benefits include:
- Meet people working in your field of interest through chapter and region meetings
- Learn about career and business opportunities through our online community and Career Center
- Stay abreast of industry trends with our Knowledge Center and Information Executive newsletter
- Polish your leadership skills by joining a national committee, your local chapter’s board or by serving as a faculty advisor
- Converge your technology skills with business skills while attending virtual workshops
- Stay connected with the world of the new IT Professionals!
Classes of Professional Membership
Individuals who are or have been employed in the management of information resources including, but not limited to, managers, staff, sales, service providers, and educators shall be eligible to become Professional Members of the association.
You can join by submitting an application online or by downloading an application and submitting via mail or fax. :
Student to Professional Members
This membership discount is ONLY available to former AITP student members. Upon graduation, students are able to join AITP with all the rights and privileges of a Professional Member at a significantly discounted rate (plus professional chapter and region dues where applicable). Under this program, Association dues which are normally $105 per year, are reduced by $50 to $55, for the first year of professional membership. This discount can be used anytime during the first three years following graduation or the expiration of student membership--whichever is later.
Commercial, government, and education organizations by the nature of their business which use, employ, rely on information technology on a day to day basis to improve operations and/or provide strategic competitive advantages shall be eligible to become Enterprise Members of the Association. All Enterprise Member organizations must have at least 3 AITP members to be considered for an Enterprise membership. All members within the Enterprise Member organization shall possess the same rights as other professional members.
Two tiers are offered based on the number of interested employees.
- Tier 1 is for 3-9 employees that offers $25 in savings in national dues for $80 per person plus local chapter dues.
- Tier 2 is for 10 or more employees that offers $35 in savings in national dues for $70 per person plus local chapter dues.
To get started please download the following documents and follow the instructions to submit your application and members for the Enterprise Membership. The master application for all members who would be covered under the Enterprise Membership and individual applications for those who are not currently AITP members. For more information please see our Enterprise Membership Brochure.
- Enterprise Membership Master Application Form
- Enterprise Membership New Members Application Form
Education Special Interest Group (EDSIG) is an organization that devotes itself specifically to IS (Information Systems) education. EDSIG's mission is to provide IS educators with the latest research in educational techniques, processes and technology.
AITP offers an AITP and EDSIG combined membership as well as a stand-alone EDSIG membership. For more information on the EDSIG part of the membership, please view our EDSIG page.