Information Executive / Nanosecond Rules
- IE/ns is managed by volunteers. The role of the committee is to help place and edit articles submitted by others. The team is NOT in place to write articles. The goal is to reduce the overall costs associated with this newsletter. To this, we continue to reduce the amount of time required by Association Headquarters, thus Association Headquarters staff will not be engaged to write articles other than directed by the committee or other AITP officer.
- Articles that are submitted in outline format, or notes, will NOT be published.
- Unless specifically authorized by the committee chair, deadlines are firm and will not be extended. If you have an event that you really want/need to be in a particular issue, please let the committee chair know ahead of time so accommodations can be made (if possible).
- It is not the responsibility of the committee to validate or confirm sources noted within an article.
- No article will be published anonymously.
- The committee retains the right to deny any article from any issue without comment. When practical, the committee will inform the submitting author of why an article is rejected, but this is not guaranteed. Potential reasons for denying an article are:
- Misrepresentation of facts
- Relevance to AITP's goals and objectives
- Commercial content
- Copyright or trademark infringement
- Incomplete articles
Submit fully written and edited articles to the committee for consideration of publication. Submittal does not ensure publication.
© 2011-2014 Association of Information Technology Professionals. All Rights Reserved.