Robert Half Technology Scholarships
Scholarships Eligibility Submission Information Past Winners 2013
How Are Recipients Chosen How the Scholarship Is Paid Student Membership
· Application Submission: Due by March 1, 2014
· Transcript Deadline: Due by March 8, 2014
Each year, Robert Half Technology and the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) offer two $2,500 scholarships to two outstanding AITP Student Members pursuing studies in Information Technology. The scholarships awarded are based on demonstrated academic achievement, leadership activities, community service and future career interests.
The two $2,500 scholarship winners will be announced during the AITP ‘s NCC on Friday, April 11, 2014 during the RHT Keynote Panel which starts at 7:45am at the Omni Hotel at the CNN Center in Atlanta. You do not need to be present to be eligible for the award but it is strongly recommended that you do plan to attend the conference if you are declared a finalist to receive the award.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants are asked to submit the following:
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A declared computer science/CIS/MIS/IT major (this must be indicated on your transcript) with an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- A student who has satisfactorily completed at least one full semester of college (12 semester hours or equivalent)
- Enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent) undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution in the United States.
- A U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Is an AITP student member.
AITP cannot process incomplete applications and will not be responsible for materials that are lost or delayed in the mail. We will not accept student copies or other unofficial transcripts, or transcripts that arrive after the deadline date.
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "RHT Scholarship" in the subject line. An official academic transcript is required in addition to a completed application. Your official academic transcripts should be mailed to:
c/o: Kevin Jetton
2607 Rim Oak
San Antonio, TX 78232
2014 RHT/AITP Scholarship Winners are:
Osler "Kendall" Moore (The University of Southern Mississippi) and Mary Elizabeth "Liz" Ulam (Texas State University)
2013 RHT/AITP Scholarship Winners are:
Raymond Levesque (Georgia Gwinnett College)
“I'm ecstatic to be one of this years recipients of this prestigious scholarship among so many other exceptional peers. This is my first year of involvement in AITP, and my experience has been wonderful and filled me with the desire to do more. The Robert Half Technology Scholarship has offered me an amazing opportunity to continue my education without financial worry and to continue and increase my involvement in It Organizations like AITP, UPE, and my school campus Technology Ambassador Program. I'm look forward to next years conference and a long and close relationship with AITP and Robert Half Technologies. Thank you so much for this amazing reward.”
Arielle Kohler (Ferris State University)
“Thank you to Robert Half Technology and the AITP. I am truly honored to have won this prestigious scholarship. I will not only be able to devote more time to commit to my fellow students and community, but I will also be able to take a couple of courses that I otherwise would not be able to take. The financial burden of my senior year is now lessened, thanks to this generous scholarship. I am extremely proud to represent Ferris State University with this scholarship. Thank you to both Robert Half Technology and AITP for helping me achieve my goals, finish my degree, and spend more time being involved with what I love - Ferris State University's AITP student chapter! I plan to help recruit more members to AITP whenever I can, because of what an amazing impact AITP has had on my life, not just my college career. I cannot wait to be a professional member of AITP and hopefully assist with NCC and region conferences! Once again, thank you to Robert Half Technology and AITP!”
For more information on the other past winners please see our RHT Past Winners page.
How will the recipients be chosen?
A Scholarship Selection Committee comprised of AITP and Robert Half Technology representatives will select the recipients based upon their outstanding academic achievement, leadership and future career interests. AITP cannot process any incomplete applications and cannot be responsible for materials that are lost or delayed in the mail. This scholarship program does not discriminate against students on the basis of sex, race, color, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin in the selection of students. How will the scholarship be paid?
- Awards are made for the academic year following the application.
- The scholarship is non-renewable.
- The monetary award will be sent directly to the school for credit to the account of the student recipient, to be applied toward future tuition expenses and fees at an accredited institution in the United States.
- Robert Half Technology and AITP may request additional information from the recipients to meet government and tax requirements.
- Robert Half Technology and AITP have your permission to use your name and/or picture in advertising and sales promotion materials or any advertising media without compensation to you.
How can I find out about AITP student membership?
Click here for Details and options to become a student member of AITP. AITP student members enjoy access to the highest quality IT educational opportunities, conferences, events, contests, scholarship opportunities and forums for networking with experienced professionals and those new to the field.