Being a student is a time for change and growing and one of the best things that you can do to further your development as a person and professional is to join AITP.
- AITP has over 200 student chapters nationwide and is the largest association of Information Technology professionals.
- AITP hosts the only National Collegiate Conference for students interested in the Information Technology and Computer Science fields.
About the membership:
Student member dues have been reduced to $30 per year. Students enrolled in an IT related major at a university or college who are looking for careers within the IT field will find joining an AITP Student Chapter a step in the right direction. Besides the sharing of ideas with other IT students and faculty members on campus, being a member of AITP you will be able to hear speakers present on current technical and management topics at Student Chapter meetings as well as participate in your sponsoring Professional Chapter’s meeting.
Some benefits include:
- Network with professionals in the industry at your university and at your local chapter meeting.
- Attend the only National Collegiate Conference for students!
- Compete on projects against the “best of the best" IT students from across the country.
- Attend the Job Fair where you can network with potential employers.
- Apply for AITP student member only scholarships.
For more benefits for joining as a Student member please see our Student Member Benefits page.
Classes of Student Membership
Individual students whose degree major is consistent with their desire to enter the information processing field shall be eligible to become Student Members of the association.
You can join by submitting an application online or by downloading an application and submitting via mail or fax.
· Download a copy of the Student Member Application
Student to Professional Members
This membership discount is ONLY available to former AITP student members. Upon graduation, students are able to join AITP with all the rights and privileges of a Professional Member at a significantly discounted rate (plus professional chapter and region dues where applicable). Under this program, Association dues which are normally $105 per year, are reduced by $50, to $55, for the first year of professional membership. This discount can be used anytime during the first three years following graduation or the expiration of student membership--whichever is later.
If you have additional questions about becoming a student member or the transition from student to professional member please contact our Student Development Committee.