Please read Rules & Policies prior to submitting your IE article
Information Executive (IE)
Please submit news items you believe are of interest and value to members, chapters, AITP, and the information technology business profession.
Chapter and Region Leaders: Let other chapters and regions know of your success stories and unique solutions so they may learn from them.
Members: Share your success stories and unique IT-related solutions with your fellow AITP members.
Background: There is a Service Email Address of IEeditor@aitp.org. Jim Henry and Mark Gilfand receive emails sent to that address.
- IE articles can serve to support the regular emails sent from Headquarters. The content author can put the details in an IE article, and then have a short email pointing to the IE article. That makes the best use of our various communication methods.
- To help our members understand how Information Executive works:
- Only members can submit articles to IEeditor@aitp.org. Submitted articles go into the editor’s queue.
- The editor ensures articles are appropriate, edits them as necessary, and publishes them to the home page.
In the right rail, there is a "Latest News” box. It features 3 recent articles. There is a "More” button that will take you to the News page.
The News page features 5 articles of each section (Association, Student, Chapter, Region, etc.), with a "More” button at the bottom of the section.
Clicking on "More” will bring up all articles from that section.
Or, at the top of the News Page you will see a drop down list. Select a section from the list and you will be taken to the page for all the articles in that section.
- We push an issue of IE to the members when there are enough articles to make the push piece "viable”. It’s a judgment call, but as a rule of thumb, the push piece should have 18-24 articles.
Creating an IE article is easy. You can send articles to IEeditor@aitp.org. in a Word document or just an email message. Include:
- Title of the article (short – no more than 75 characters)
- Byline - the Author name (it can be the name of your committee)
- Article Text
- If you send a picture, include in the text where the picture should go and provide a caption for the picture.
Board Responsibility for Information Executive Content: It is the responsibility of the Board and their committees to submit articles. They are the ones who know what is happening in the association and are the subject matter experts. Please, take the time to tell the members what your Service Areas and Committees are doing. Let them know your plans. Use the opportunity to tell our membes what skills and resources you need. Ask for volunteers and input on your plans. Without your articles there is no Information Executive.
When you work with vendors, look for opportunities to get unique "feature” content that we can include in Information Executive. Whenever you create a new member benefit, forge a relationship with a new vendor, give an award (e.g. DISA, IPA, COPA), start a new program, publish new documents, create new procedures for members or chapter leaders to follow, etc., please create an IE article.
Articles do NOT have to be long. In fact, shorter is better. Members do not want to read long articles.
Articles do not have to be fancy. The IE editor can clean up your articles, adding bolding, underlining, bullet lists, hyperlinks, etc.
Please submit your questions, your feedback and especially your articles to IEeditor@aitp.org.