Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join AITP
Community Search
Region 13
Group Home Group Home
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
How to Monitor Employees without Being Monitored Yourself 0 J. Dunlap I work for a medium sized manufacturing company that cannot afford to have data leakage.  We installed SpectorPro to monitor employee computer use and were troubled to realize upon requesting technical support from SpectorSoft that the support operator could access my SpectorPro settings remotely.  This was a shock and has us worried about what other data SpectorSoft can collect from our company computers with SpectorPro. Does anyone have experience with this and know what data they collect and how often?  What do IT pros do in this type of situation?  Is there another type of employee monitoring software which doesn't have this type of backdoor for the vendor to access? We need to monitor employees to prevent the leakage of intellectual property and other reasons, but we don't want our data to leak into the hands of some software vendor like SpectorSoft.  I'm sure this isn't the first time this problem has arisen; please assist.
by J. Dunlap
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Member Log In

Forgot your password?

Haven't joined AITP yet?

Latest News
Upcoming Events

10/29/2014
AITP Board of Directors Meeting

11/11/2014
AITP Executive Committee Meeting

11/12/2014
AITP Region Presidents Council Meeting

11/19/2014
AITP Board of Directors Meeting

Referral Campaign 2014

Copyright © 2011-2014 Association of Information Technology Professionals, All Rights Reserved.
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
AITP Headquarters, 1120 Route 73, Ste 200. Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-5113
Phone: 1.800.224.9371 or 856.380.6910 · Fax: 856.439.0525 · Email: aitp_hq@aitp.org