Sent to members 02/05/2013
Welcome to Information Executive (IE), the e-newsletter by and for AITP Members! See the latest news from the Association, Regions, and Chapters. Read interesting feature articles of interest to all IT Professionals and Students.
Information Executive issues contain links to articles that have been published at the association's web site. We will periodically bundle links to recent articles and send them to you as an issue of this e-Newsletter.
This issue and past Issues of Information Executive can be found at: http://www.aitp.org/?page=PastIssuesInfoExec. This page can be found via the "AITP In the News" link in the left navigation rail.
All IE articles are available at the AITP web portal, www.aitp.org:
- In the right rail, see the "Latest News” box. It features the most recent three articles.
- Click on "More” in the "Latest News” box to find the News Page (http://www.aitp.org/news/), where you can see the latest five articles of each IE section (association, chapters, regions, features, etc.).
- Each section has a "More” link to take you to a page with all articles for that section.
- There is also a drop down box at the top of the news page where you can select a section.
Do you want to be notified immediately of new IE articles, instead of waiting for an IE issue to be emailed to you? The News pages are RSS enabled. Set up your RSS feed today.
Do you like a particular article? Have questions? Please add a comment. See the "add comment” link at the end of each article.
Do you have new, exciting information to tell your fellow AITP members – either about the Information Technology you work with, or about how your chapter or region achieved success? We encourage you to submit an article to IEeditor@aitp.org. See the "Submit IE” page (http://www.aitp.org/?page=SubmitIE) for details and rules.
In this issue of Information Executive:
Foundation for Information Technology Education (FITE) News:
Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP) News
- AITP's Bill Fly and Joe Albers were elected as 2013-2014 officers of the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP). Read about Bill and Joe and other certification news.
- Learn what AITP means to Region 11's Ed Rippon in this continuing series of interviews with AITP leaders.
- Read the articles and view the video about the oldest operational digital computer. We thank Region 1 President Chuck Brown for this information.
- Read this article from Region 1 President Chuck Brown on how traditional "number crunching" when combined with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), can help organizations – especially government, create a broad range of useful business intelligence applications for public consumption.
- Unemployment rates for IT and engineering professions were much lower than the overall unemployment in the third quarter of 2012. Read this article from the TechServe Alliance.
- Learn how technology trends are impacting IT jobs in this article from the TechServe Alliance. IT professionals will need to be more "generalists" and have a broad base of skills.
- Learn how companies are finding new commercial uses for 3-D printers in this article from the TechServe Alliance.
- How do you get the C-Suite and senior executives to really listen to your proposals? Read these 5 keys to communicating from Mark Bashrum Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Strategic Intelligence of ESI International.
- We will soon be able to store so much data, that terabytes and petabytes will no longer be able to describe how much data we can store. See this article from Region 18's John Parkinson.
- Dr. Alan Zimmerman's Weekly Tips to help you and your organization succeed.
We appreciate your feedback about Information Executive. Please use the "Contact Us” link at the AITP web site, http://www.aitp.org/general/?type=CONTACT, to let us know how we can improve Information Executive for you.