Fall 2012 Region 5 Board Meeting Information
Thursday October 11, 2012
Grand Council Ballroom
Radisson Hotel and Convention Center
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Approved Region 5 Board Meeting Mintues (PDF - Microsoft Word)
Conference Report (PDF - Microsoft Word)
Conference Financial Recap (PDF - Microsoft Word)
Agenda (PDF - Microsoft Word)
- Call to Order (Larry Schmitz)
- Appoint Parliamentarian (Larry Schmitz)
- Roll Call/Credentials (Mike Hall)
- Introductions (Larry Schmitz)
- Welcome to Green Bay / Announcements (Ron Mathis / Chris Nimmer)
- Consent Agenda (Larry Schmitz)
- Approve May 2, 2012 Board Meeting Minutes (PDF - Microsoft Word)
NOTE: These minutes have been previously approved electronically. The vote is to confirm the electronic approval.
- Treasurer's Reports (Bill Riter)
- Auditor's report/status (PDF - Jpg)
- Current 2012 YTD Financial Report (PDF - Microsoft Word)
- Status of Region Funding and GITCA Funding
- Region Nominating Committee / Officer Elections (Larry Schmitz)
- Nominees include:
- President: Chris Nimmer
- Vice President:
- Treasurer: Bill Riter
- Secretary: Dick Boenisch
- Open nominations from the floor
- Vote by office (if contested), by acclamation (if uncontested)
- District/Association Candidate Recruitment Committee (Nita Adams)
- Report: (PDF - Microsoft Word)
- Committee members are Vicky Danielson and Tony LaCrosse
- Association Recruitment Committee Chair is Chris Leja, St Louis Chapter
- Results of Association elections
- There will be a vacant District Director position open as of January 1, 2013. This position will be filled by the District Recruitment Committee maing a recommendation to the Association Board of Directors, who then needs to vote to ratify the selection.
- Region Webmaster Report (Mark Gilfand) - (PDF - Microsoft Word)
- Region Bylaws/Operating Procedures Committee (Larry Schmitz / Chris Nimmer)
- Spring 2013 Region Board Meeting (Larry Schmitz)
- Region Directory Status Report (Mike Hall)
- Appointment of Committees for 2013
- This will be deferred to the incoming 2013 President.
- Appointments will be made in conjunction with the Region Officers Planning Meeting in Springfield, IL on December 14, 2012.
- Committees include:
- Outstanding Professional Chapter Selection
- Outstanding Student Chapter Selection
- National Collegiate Conference (NCC) Grant Selection
- District Candidate Recruitment Committee
- People interested in serving on these committees should contact the incoming Region President.
- Members of the committees need not be Region Board members but must be members of good standing from Region 5 and should be independent of nominees for the various awards / positions.
- Status of Inactive Chapters / Uncashed Checks (Bill Riter)
- Status of questions directed to the Association Treasurer at our last Region Board Meeting of May 2, 2012. (Mike Welch)
- Requirement to have all chapters and regions use ACH.
- Requirement for disbanded chapters to donate treasury to another non-profit (another sub-unit of AITP or an IRS qualified non-profit involved in technology education) and the IRS requirement for HQ to maintain an auditable paper trail of such actions.
- Who does the bank reconciliation of AITP accounts?
- What happens to rejected ACH deposits sent to AITP Chapters and Regions.
- Status of At-Risk Student Chapters (All)
- Vote on disbanding inactive chapters.
- Counts by chapter (PDF - Excel)
- Other New Business (Larry Schmitz)
Chapter Reports (if submitted) Click here for the Chapter Status Report Form
Chapter Leadership Workshop
10:30am - 1:00pm
Moderators: Larry Schmitz and Mark Gilfand
- Group discussion on "Building Your Chapter, Building Your Membership and Keeping Members Once They Join"
Page last updated 01/02/2013