The Kent State University Ashtabula Campus Student Chapter of AITP was chartered in Feb 1990.
We're an active student organization on the Kent State @ Ashtabula Campus and in the Ashtabula County, Ohio community.
Kent State Ashtabula AITP Student Chapter
The Association of Information Technology Professionals is a career-focused and student-driven organization that aims to advance its members marketability in a rapidly changing employment environment.
KSU AITP offers its members the opportunity to attend monthly seminars led by technology professionals who share their real-world experiences and knowledge that are essential to succeeding in a competitive job market. We also provide insight into a variety of technology fields that relate to the curriculum at KSU.
Along with all the hard work, our members enjoy spending time together at social events held on and off campus. KSU AITP is a student organization that has been on the Ashtabula campus since its inception in 1990. The long-term commitment Irene Edge has made as the advisor has shown through recent resurgence of new membership.
Our vision is that AITP will be, and will be recognized as, the Information Technology professional organization of choice for providing leadership opportunities, professional development and personal growth
Benefits of being a member of AITP
For more information on the history, code of conduct, and benefits of AITP membership, visit the about AITP page on the official website.
- Networking with peers in your field of study.
- Monthly seminars with professionals in the IT field.
- To be involved in community service related projects.
- Tutoring from experienced members in the club.
- Networking with the members from the Northeast Ohio AITP Chapter.
- Discounts from vendor affiliates (e.g., Geico Auto Insurance, FedEX Kinko's, Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies, Adobe Software, PC Mall, MacMall). The list is extensive.