AITP Faculty “Going the Extra Mile” Award Nominations Due March 1, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Posted by: Teresa Hickerson, Student Awards Chair
Nominate your faculty advisor or a faculty member that truly goes "the extra mile” for their AITP student chapter. Candidates do not have to be the official faculty advisor for the AITP student chapter. The winner will be announced during the student chapter and faculty awards luncheon at the AITP National Collegiate Conference.
Traits: Traits of the "ideal candidate” is one who:
- Gives of their time and energy in an unselfish manner to the AITP student chapter throughout the year
- Keeps the AITP student chapter focused
- Ensures successful AITP student chapter events and activities
- Bends over backwards to train, support and mentor chapter officers, committee chairs and members
- Helps coordinate chapter trips, events and activities and basically "makes things happen when it looks like they will not happen”
- 2012 - Diane Murphey, Oklahoma Panhandle State University and Dr. Lissa Pollacia, Georgia Gwinnett College
- 2011 - Dr. Alex Citurs, Eastern Connecticut State University
- 2010 - Brenda Wilz, Fox Valley Technical College
- 2009 - Dr. Scott Hunsinger, Appalachian State University
- 2008 - Johnny Snyder, Mesa State College
- 2007 - Monica Holmes, Ph.D., Central Michigan University and Robert Brzycki, Milwaukee Area Technical College - West Campus
- 2006 - David Weirschem, Ph.D., Midwestern State University
- 2005 - Jack Russell, Ph.D., Northwestern State University
- 2004 - Dawn Panatelo, Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Nomination: To nominate your advisor for this award, please complete the "Going the Extra Mile Faculty Advisor of the Year Submission Form” that includes the following information by March 1st:
- AITP student chapter name
- Name, academic rank (if applicable) and history at the school
- Contact information for both the candidate and the individual making the nomination
- Brief description of your AITP student chapter including chapter size, officers, history and challenges. Also mention school that your chapter is affiliated with (technical, college, university….)
- List and describe specific reasons, incidents or situations (over the past year) wherein you feel the nominee truly "Goes the Extra Mile” for your AITP student chapter
- Testimonial letter from the AITP student chapter President is required. Additional letters from the rest of the student chapter is strongly encouraged. Letters from the Dean or department head are acceptable also.
The Nomination form and more detailed information about the Award can be found on the NCC site. http://www.aitp.org/ncc. Then click on Student and Faculty Awards. A direct link to the page is: http://www.aitp.org/members/group_content_view.asp?group=83279&id=125867.
Submission: Email the document(s) which MUST include all the information listed above to email@example.com by March 1st.