Northeastern Wisconsin Selected as the Region 5 Outstanding Chapter
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Posted by: Dick Boenisch, Region 5 Secretary
AITP Region 5 has named the Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter as this year's recipient of the Region Outstanding Performance Award (ROCA).
Region 5 had five chapters that qualified for Chapter Outstanding Performance Award (COPA); Capitol, Chicago, Northeastern Wisconsin, Southeast Wisconsin and Twin City. These Chapters demonstrated performance in all six areas being evaluated: Association support, Region support, support of future generations, local community involvement, business community involvement, and efforts in developing their chapter. All of them had excellent performance in two or more of these evaluation areas but one chapter stood out as demonstrating excellence in all six areas.
This year’s Region Outstanding Chapter Award (ROCA) recipient is Northeast Wisconsin. Some of the 2012 accomplishments that made them stand out are:
- The number of members participating in Association and Region boards, committees and meetings.
- The number of visits to student and other professional chapter meetings and events.
- Hosting a successful Region Conference and Association Meeting of the Members.
- Support for and involvement with student chapters.
- Involvement in many community and business activities and events.
- The professional development activities for their members offered by the chapter and in cooperation with the local Project Management Institute (PMI ) chapter.
Congratulations to 2012 Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter President Ron Mathis, Randal Reed who documented the accomplishments, the Board of Directors and the entire chapter membership.
The Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter now joins the other Region ROCA winners to compete for the Association Outstanding Chapter Award (AOCA) to be awarded later this year.
The selection committee consisted of members of the Sheboygan chapter board; Lou Buell, Guy Fintelmann, Al Martell, Chris Roberts and Dick Boenisch (chairman).