AITP Leadership Questionnaire
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Posted by: Alan Strong, CDP
Dear AITP Professional Member,
The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) has a few questions for you to answer:
- Are you seen as a leader among your peers?
- Does being a leader excite you?
- Do you have a satisfaction in meeting your goals on time?
- Do you feel that you have the makings of an industry leader?
- Would you accept the responsibility of becoming an industry leader?
- Do you fit the mold of people giving you more work because they know you’re busy and can get the job done?
If you had a positive response to at least three of the above questions, there may be a rewarding assignment for you as a member of the national AITP Board of Directors in 2016.
National AITP Board members are elected for a 2 year term, with the following exceptions which exist on the Executive Committee:
- Secretary is a 1 year term
- Treasurer is a 1 year term
- President Elect is a 1 year term, but it is actually for 3 years – this position becomes the President the next year and the Past President the following year. Members who are candidates for the Executive Committee should have served 1 year on either the national AITP Board or an AITP Region Board to be eligible.
If you want to be known as a leader in the Information Technology industry, then these national AITP Board positions are something you can attain.
The time to act is NOW! Elections will be held this summer for the 2016 AITP Board of Directors and Executive Committee positions.
Contact me – your 2015 Association Recruitment Committee (ARC) Chair – or your AITP Region President if you have any questions or want to obtain the application that will help springboard your career.
Thank you for your time and hope to see several qualified candidates who will help AITP prosper in 2016 and beyond.
Alan Strong, CDP
2015 AITP ARC Chair