Could It Be Your Time To Serve?
Tuesday, June 02, 2015
Posted by: Alan Strong, CDP
You may soon be hearing from a senior member of Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP). They could be contacting you and asking about your desire to serve as a member of our Association Board of Directors.
First thought that might come to you is, “What is in it for ME?” This is an anticipated response!
Of course there are not many people who do favors for others just for the sake of doing them. Most people want to receive some sort of reward for taking the time to serve. So let’s take a few moments to see what is in it for you to serve AITP…
- Recognition as a leader among your peers
- Ability to grow your career in a non-threatening environment
- Becoming associated with other leaders in the IT industry
- Learning how to manage projects where others are remote
- Learning from other leaders on establishing and meeting goals on a continuous basis
- Personal growth from outside your current employment
- Having your current employment recognize you as a leader outside your job
These rewards can be yours by taking the chance to run for one of the following open positions on the 2016 Association Board of Directors:
- Executive Vice President/President Elect (will serve as 2017 President)
- Secretary (one year term)
- Treasurer (one year term)
- Association Director, Central District (two year term)
- Association Director, Eastern District (two year term)
- Association Director, Southern District (two year term)
- Association Director, Western District (two year term)
Act now! Your chance to take advantage of this opportunity is limited. Click here for more information or to get a copy of the candidate application, or contact the ARC at email@example.com.
You must submit your candidate application by June 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm ET in order to be considered.
Elections for Association Officers and Directors are in September and all eligible members are able to vote. Successful candidates will assume office on January 1, 2016.
We NEED members to step forward with the desire and enthusiasm to help our Association grow and flourish. We hope that you will consider this opportunity seriously and join the ranks of our AITP leadership.
Alan Strong, CDP
2015 AITP ARC Chair