AITP Call for Candidates - 2016 Association Officers & Directors
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Posted by: AITP HQs
Take Your AITP Involvement and Experience to the Next Level
by Running for a Position on the Association AITP Board of Directors
Candidate Application Submission Deadline: June 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm ET
The AITP Association Recruitment Committee (ARC) is currently seeking candidates for the following Association Board of Directors positions that will become available January 1, 2016:
- Executive Vice President/President Elect (will serve as 2017 President)
- Secretary (one year term)
- Treasurer (one year term)
- Association Director, Central District (two year term)
- Association Director, Eastern District (two year term)
- Association Director, Southern District (two year term)
- Association Director, Western District (two year term)
Who is Eligible?
Association elections are open to all AITP professional members in good standing. There are a few additional eligibility rules:
- Current members of the ARC and District Recruitment Committee (DRC) may not stand for Officer or Director election
- Candidates for Association Director must come from the District that elects them (see the ‘What's My District’ section below)
- Individuals currently finishing two complete terms as an Association Director are ineligible to run for a third term
- Candidates for an Officer position must have served for at least one year on the Association or a Region Board of Directors
Are you a current Region or Chapter leader? We encourage you to consider standing for election as an Association Director.
What is the Candidate Process?
Any eligible member interested in being considered as a candidate should review the ARC documents, which can be found at http://www.aitp.org/?page=ARC, in addition to the 2015 Candidate Application and instructions for submitting it.
The candidate application submission deadline is Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm ET.
All candidate applications will be vetted first by your DRC. If you are interested in standing for election, we encourage you to contact your District Chair as soon as possible:
When Will Elections Be Held?
Following the June 30th deadline for candidate applications, the ARC is responsible for deciding on the slate of candidates for election based on DRC recommendations. The ARC will report the slate to the President and Board of Directors by its July meeting. We will hold the election for Association Officers and Directors in September and successful candidates will assume office on January 1, 2016. Should a candidate for a position run uncontested, then there will be no election held for that position, and the candidate will be affirmed by Board acclamation.
What is My District?
For the purpose of Association elections, we are organized into four Districts formed from our Regions:
- Central – Region 5
- Eastern – Regions 11, 13, 18
- Southern – Regions 3, 7
- Western – Regions 1, 2, 4
Whether you belong to a Chapter or are a member at large, you are also a member of a Region. Unsure of your Region? See the Region map at http://www.aitp.org/?page=FindRegion.
Want More Information?
For more information about standing for Association election, visit http://www.aitp.org/?page=ARC or contact the ARC at email@example.com.
Remember, the candidate application submission deadline is Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm ET!