Meet the 2016 Association Candidates on August 25th
Thursday, August 06, 2015
Posted by: AITP HQs
The AITP Association Recruitment Committee (ARC) reviewed the qualifications and references for the following candidates, and recommended them to the AITP Board of Directors for election as Association Officers and Directors for 2016:
- Executive Vice President/President Elect – John Council (Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter)
- Secretary – Vicki Hampton (Capitol Chapter) or Vincent Luciani (Long Island Chapter)
- Treasurer – Michael Welch (Capitol Chapter)
- Central District Director – Carrie Drephal (Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter) or Larry Friedlander (St. Louis Chapter)
- Eastern District Director – Paul Rubell (Long Island Chapter)
- Southern District Director – open
- Western District Director – open
The unopposed candidates were approved by the AITP Board of Directors during their recent meeting on July 29, 2015.
Since the Secretary and Central District Director positions have two candidates, there will be elections conducted in September. AITP professional members in good standing will have the opportunity to vote for the candidate of their choice for Secretary and their District representative (if they are in the Central District (Region 5)).
Also, the Southern and Western District Recruitment Committees (DRC) will need to select their District Director candidate for ratification by the AITP Board of Directors in January 2016.
Please join us for a ‘Meet the Candidates’ webinar on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:00 pm ET. All AITP members should take advantage of this time to meet the candidates and ask any questions you may have – they are willing to volunteer their time and serve AITP! Click here to register for the webinar.