Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Posted by: Mark Kleine
Welcome to a another new year with AITP. Again this year AITP activity is ramping up after a busy holiday season.
AITP's flagship newsletter, Information Executive / Nanosecond (IE/ns) has a number of these stories from across the country. I'd like to take the time to remind every AITP member that you have the ability to submit articles directly to the newsletter by emailing your story to IEeditor@aitp.org. I'd really like to challenge each chapter to submit at least one article per quarter, talking about something that's worked out well in your area. I know that other chapters are always looking for 'best practices' as it relates to running a chapter. IE/ns is set to publish on the first Tuesday morning of the month, so get your articles in by the end of the month to be included in the monthly push to all members.
Strategic Building Blocks
At the most recent meeting of the AITP Association Board of Directors, the board created, reviewed and ranked a number of hypotheses and came up with five major points for the Association to be expending it's effort on in the coming year. These are listed below, and will be reviewed in detail in the upcoming months. If you would like to help in these efforts, please contact AITP headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your assistance.
1. The National association needs to increase efforts to help existing AITP chapters grow and prosper.
2. AITP needs to increase its brand awareness through a coordinated effort involving chapters, special interest groups and national initiatives.
3. AITP can best drive member value and growth by placing the emphasis on Middle IT Managers and Non-Managerial IT Professionals.
4. AITP should expand our efforts to develop strategic alliances and partners to help our Chapters grow, deliver requested member benefits and support the branding of AITP.
5. AITP should provide virtual offerings to include increased networking capabilities and interactive outreach methods.
In addition to the current methods of communications with chapter leaders, AITP will be offering the opportunity for chapter leaders to 'attend' Association Board of Director Meetings (see the article in this issue of IE/ns) and we will be offering monthly chapter leader conference calls. These calls will highlight some timely chapter related information, give an overview of what's going on in AITP right now, and give chapter leaders from across the organization a chance to share their collective knowledge. Look for this information in the next chapter leader e-mail message.
Thanks for your interest in AITP, and invite someone to an AITP meeting this month.