2012 Region 5 NCC Student Chapter Grant Winners Announced
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Posted by: Richard Boenisch
The 2012 AITP National Collegiate Conference (NCC) will be held in San Antonio, TX this year. Region 5 provides grants to Region 5 student chapters to help defray the costs of participating in the NCC.
There were 8 entries received for this year's Region 5 grant. The Region 5 Board of Directors approved four grants of $400 each to be awarded for use in attending the 17th annual conference.
The entries were evaluated on:
- completeness of funding request and updated information on chapter officers and faculty advisor(s) with email addresses posted to chapter's web page on http://www.aitp.org/,
- student chapter activities/accomplishments through the previous year,
- number of students that will be attending the NCC,
- number of competitions and number of teams that the chapter will be entering in the competitions,
- activities undertaken by the student chapters to obtain the funds to cover the costs to attend,
- description of how the funds would be utilized if awarded.
The winners are, in no particular order:
The other student chapters who submitted applications were:
We want to thank all the student chapters for participating in the grant process this year. The applications for the NCC Grant tally 79 students planning to attend the NCC. Our student chapters boast some of the best and brightest and have had several contest winners. We anxiously await the results of this year's competitions and best of luck to all our students and teams. Follow the cities marketing slogan and "Find Yourself in San Antonio.”
This year's NCC Grant Selection Committee consisted of Vicky Danielson, Illowa Chapter (Moline, IL/Bettendorf, IA.), Mike Hall, Capitol Chapter (Springfield IL); and Richard (Dick) Boenisch, Sheboygan Chapter (Sheboygan, WI) also the chairperson.
Region 5 represents 12 professional, 1 satellite, and 42 student chapters of the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, the St. Louis Metro area of Missouri, Northern Kentucky, Eastern Iowa and Wisconsin. Region 5 provides a vehicle for the exchange of information among chapters in the Region. It provides guidance for successful chapter management. The Region also provides educational and networking opportunities for its members.