Chapter Reports on the New AITP Portal
Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Posted by: Elaine Miller, AITP Website Administrator
One of the most frequent questions that we receive from chapter leaders is "where are my chapter reports that were on the old portal?” Because of the cost of the old system, we made the decision to go live on July 26, 2011 and continue to develop reports that were previously available.
To see the area where Chapter Reports are found, you must be a signed in member of the AITP community.
Select "Members Only” from the left navigation rail.
Select "AITP Reports”.
Select "Chapter Reports”.
You can also reach the Chapter Reports by selecting AITP Leaders Only => Manuals & Forms => Chapter Reports.
A direct link is: http://www.aitp.org/?page=ChapterReports.
On the Chapter Reports page, you will see several reports which have been prepared and will need to be used by Chapters for completing COPA (Chapter Outstanding Performance Award) submissions. These include:
- Chapter Affirmation Form: This is a link to the form to inform the association that the chapter has submitted updated chapter leader lists (so we can communicate to the correct chapter leaders), has reviewed and sent in updates for sponsored student chapter leaders, and that the chapter has held at least 5 educational sessions in the last twelve months.
- Members by Chapter as of 12/31/20xx: This provides counts of members by chapter as of the end of the year. The report is in region, chapter number order.
- Conflict of Interest Forms Submitted: This provides a list of who submitted a Conflict of Interest form for the current year.
- ABoD Visitor Attendance: This provides a list of who attended each month's Association Board of Directors meeting during the prior year. It is in month order.
- Virtual Water Cooler Attendance: This provides a list of who attended Virtual Water Cooler conference call during the prior year. It is in attendee order.
There is also a link to the Chapter Report Request Form. Although chapter leaders (called group administrators) may pull a list of current chapter members from their chapter landing page by accessing the red Group Administrator Toolbar and selecting "export all Group members”, sometimes more is needed. This form allows you to request some standard reports.
You should include your chapter or region name, the date needed by and your email address to send the report to. There is a text box to include special instructions. A validation code is required to complete the request. Requests are normally completed within 2-3 business days.
The standard reports available include:
- Chapter Roster: This report includes some additional fields that chapter leaders cannot pull from the Group Administrator Options at their landing page such as:
- Date the member joined AITP (as opposed to the date the member was added to the new web portal)
- Date the membership was approved
- A Membership Suspended indicator
- Primary group (i.e. chapter) code
- Alternate Email Address
- Both home and work addresses (as opposed to the just the member's primary address)
- Date Last Renewed
- Region ID
- Expired Members Report: A roster of those members who did not renew their membership.
- Renewal Report: Current and former members in renewal date order
- Conflict of Interest Forms Submitted: A list of who in your chapter submitted conflict of interest forms and when.
We have member information in the new portal back to January 1, 2010.
If you are a Chapter Leader and do not see the red "Group Admin” toolbar when you access your chapter landing page, please contact email@example.com and it can be added. Tutorials explaining the Group Admin privileges and a link to download the Group Admin Guide are found at http://www.aitp.org/?page=Tutorials, which can be accessed from the left hand navigation rail via AITP Leaders Only => Group Admin Training-YM.