From the Association President’s Desk
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Posted by: Norbert J. Kubilus, CCP MBCS, AITP President
I was sorry to accept the resignation this week from Robin Byler as Association Director from the Western District. Region 4 President, Robin joined the Association Board of Directors (ABoD) in January this year. Her resignation left open an unexpired term ending December 2013.
At today's ABoD meeting (August 29th), we ratified the Western District nomination of Pete Schmitt (Puget Sound Chapter and 2011 Association Treasurer) as Association Director to replace Robin. We also approved, by acclamation, Al Strong (Los Angeles Chapter) for a full two year term as Association Director effective January 1st. Congratulations, Al and Pete.
So your 2013 Association Officers and Directors will be as follows (* indicates Association Directors whose terms expire December 2013):
- Bill Fly (Dallas Chapter) – Association President
- Michael Welch (Capitol Chapter) – Association Executive Vice President/2014 President-Elect
- John Council (Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter) – Association Secretary
- Paul Ziems (Long Island Chapter) – Association Treasurer
- Norbert Kubilus (San Diego Chapter) – Immediate Past President
- Bobby Rockers (Oklahoma City Chapter) -- Association Director (Southern District) *
- Pete Schmitt (Puget Sound Chapter) – Association Director (Western District) *
- Rick Steeber (Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter) – Association Director (Central District) *
- Al Strong (Los Angeles Chapter) – Association Director (Western District)
- Barbara Viola (Long Island Chapter) – Association Director (Eastern District)
- Julian Wade (Atlanta Chapter) – Association Director (Southern District)
Yes there are two open Association Director positions: one in the Eastern District (which will be vacated by Paul Ziems on January 1st when he becomes Association Treasurer); the other in the Central District. The respective District Recruitment Committees are currently vetting candidates for these directorships.
If you are interested in being considered, and belong to a chapter in one of these Districts, please contact Association Recruitment Chair, Chris Leja at LeComChris@yahoo.com who will put you in touch with the appropriate District Chair.
The Eastern District comprises Regions 11, 13, and 18.
The Central District is Region 5.
The Southern District is made up of Regions 3 and 7.
The Western District encompasses Regions 1, 2, and 4.
See http://www.aitp.org/?page=FindRegion for a map of the Regions.
The ABoD also approved the Hotel agreement for the 2014 National Collegiate Conference (NCC) in Atlanta, GA and a proposal from AssociaDirect to undertake a Membership marketing project. The latter project results from a multiyear effort by our Membership Tactical Planning Committee. You'll be hearing more about this initiative in the coming months.
I hope to see many of your at our Annual Meeting of the Members in Green Bay on October 10th or at ISECON/CONISAR 2012 in New Orleans in November.
Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!
Norbert J. Kubilus
2012 Association President
August 29, 2012