Sent to members 04/30/2013
Information Executive (IE)
, the e-newsletter by and for AITP Members! See the latest news from the Association, Regions, and Chapters. Read interesting feature articles of interest to all IT Professionals and Students.
Information Executive issues contain links to articles that have been published at the association's web site. We will periodically bundle links to recent articles and send them to you as an issue of this e-Newsletter.
This issue and past Issues of Information Executive can be found at: http://www.aitp.org/?page=PastIssuesInfoExec. This page can be found via the "AITP In the News" link in the left navigation rail.
All IE articles are available at the AITP web portal, http://www.aitp.org/ :
- In the right rail, see the "Latest News” box. It features the most recent three articles.
- Click on "More” in the "Latest News” box to find the News Page (http://www.aitp.org/news/), where you can see the latest five articles of each IE section (association, chapters, regions, features, etc.).
- Each section has a "More” link to take you to a page with all articles for that section.
- There is also a drop down box at the top of the news page where you can select a section.
Do you want to be notified immediately of new IE articles, instead of waiting for an IE issue to be emailed to you?
The News pages are RSS enabled. Set up your RSS feed today.
Do you like a particular article? Have questions?
Please add a comment. See the "add comment” link at the end of each article.
Do you have new, exciting information to tell your fellow AITP members – either about the Information Technology you work with, or about how your chapter or region achieved success? We encourage you to
submit an article to IEeditor@aitp.org. See the "Submit IE” page (http://www.aitp.org/?page=SubmitIE) for details and rules.
In this issue of
- AITP President Bill Fly discusses the National Collegiate Conference (NCC), the Robert Half Technology-AITP Scholarships, and the presentation of the Distinguished Information Sciences Award (DISA).
- AITP updates its Strategic Plan for 2013-2015 to ensure association growth and more value to members.
- A new member benefit is available: 10% discount on SANS Institute core training. And a deep discount on security awareness training that can be used by members' employers.
- Election of 2014 AITP officers and directors is underway. Please consider running for association office or serving on your district's recruitment committee.
- AITP Names its Association Officers and Directors Recruitment Committee (ARC)
- Join AITP's LinkedIn page to network with IT Professionals across the country and around the globe.
- AITP welcomes new members who joined our association in March 2013.
- ASPTICS starts operations and features an article by AITP's 2012 President Norbert Kubilus in its first newsletter. See this article from Region 1 President Chuck Brown.
- Immediate Past President Norbert Kubilus describes what it really means to be "Immediate Past President".
New Professional Chapters
- Check out the National Collegiate Conference (NCC) summary, list of contest winners, represented schools and sponsors.
- Association Director and former faculty advisor Vicki Hampton provides her reflections on NCC.
- AITP's newest Association Director Vincent Luciani tells us what he learned at NCC.
- Association Director Barb Viola discusses her experiences in her notes from NCC.
- Mark Stanisa of the Kent State University - Ashtabula Student Chapter tells us his experiences at NCC.
- The following articles about the National Collegiate Conference come from a Google Alert on "AITP".
- Student Chapter Outstanding Performance Award (SCOPA) and Student Individual Performance Award (SIPA) submissions are due May 31.
- Foundation for Information Technology Education Scholarships Now Available Through May 31, 2013.
- The Student to Professional (S2P) Membership Discount provides a way for former student members to Stay Active, Stay Involved, and Stay in AITP. Read this insightful article from Association Director and former faculty advisor Vicki Hampton.
New Student Chapter News
Foundation for Information Technology Education (FITE) News
Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP) News
- 2012 Association President Norbert Kubilus discusses The Future of Information Technology and AITP's Role for ASPTICS' magazine
Sonora iT Innovación y Tecnología (
- Former Association Director Chris Leja tells us about the rise of the Chief Digital Officer.
- Southern California AITP members support STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) events. See this article from Association Director Al Strong.
- Dr. Alan Zimmerman's Weekly Tips to help you and your organization succeed
- More Dr. Zimmerman articles are available at the
Information Executive Feature page: http://www.aitp.org/news/?id=3963
We appreciate your feedback about
Please use the "Contact Us” link at the AITP web site, http://www.aitp.org/general/?type=CONTACT, to let us know how we can improve
Information Executive for you.