|AITP NCC® Video Contest Rules|
The AITP NCC 2016 Video Contest encourages AITP student members to develop the most creative videos to showcase AITP’s value and member benefits. There are two categories for videos: Professional and Student.
Videos, no longer than 1 minute, will be judged by a panel consisting of AITP National Board Members and Staff. Social media will be used to gather public opinion. One grand prize winner will be selected. Prizes will be awarded to other submissions as well. See below for details.
1. CONTEST TIMING: The contest submission period ends on March 11, 2016. The contest judging will take place March 14 - 25, 2016. Winners will be announced live at AITP NCC 2016 and then posted online at aitp.org.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Prizes in the contest will be awarded to the best video, as deemed by the panel of judges, submitted by an individual current AITP Student or a team of current AITP Student Chapter members.
3. TO ENTER: During the contest period, go to AITP.org and follow the online instructions to complete the submission form. Upload your video (the “submission”) to YouTube and include the link to the video in the designated area of the submission form. To upload your submission, you must have an account with YouTube.One submission per category.
You must have a Google account to sign in to You Tube account. The video’s format and size must follow the video upload guidelines for Youtube.com. You Tube is not a sponsor of this contest.
Your submission must:
Be a video for either the Professional AITP Member Category or the Student AITP Member Category.
Demonstrate your own version of the theme appropriate to that category -
“Advance. Discover. Connect.” – Audience prospective Professional Chapter members
· Be no more than 1 minute in duration.
· Follow the AITP Brand Guidelines
· Comply with these Official Rules and the submission guidelines as stated in Rule No. 4.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about AITP,its services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the AITP Code of Ethics & Standards of Conduct. AITP reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them to the “NCC 2016 Video contestarea of the AITP website and the AITP NCC Video Contest YouTube webpage. By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on AITP-related websites, atAITP's sole discretion. AITP has no obligation to use or post any submission received. By providing a submission, the submitter grants to AITP, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the submissions in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than AITP's trademarks, logos, brand or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or AITP (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By entering a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your team's original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you/your team have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless AITP and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submitter whose submission includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the submitter (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including AITP’s use of such submission, in the model/image release form provided on the contest website or another form satisfactory to AITP, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of submitter as a finalist. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of AITP, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. All submissions become the sole property of AITP, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place AITP under any obligation, whichAITP is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, AITP does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to AITP, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. CONTEST JUDGING: During the contest judging period, submissions will be judged on the following criteria: (a) 50 percent theme and connection to AITP; (b) 30 percent originality and vision; (c) 20 percent video quality.
Winners will be determined by the cumulative scores for all criteria awarded by the judges, from all eligible submissions received. In case of a tie, tied submissions will be broken by cumulative points awarded for theme and connection to AITP. If tie continues, then tie(s) will be broken by the submission with highest cumulative point score in the second criteria, continuing thereafter to the third criteria, as needed, to break the tie. Limit one finalist per submitter.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: 1 $500 Grand prize winner for best overall Video will be awarded. For each category there will be 1 $300 First place winner, 1 $125 Second and 1 $75 Third Place winnerchosen. The decision of the judges is final.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by AITP or parties donating prizes resulting from submitter's video in the contest in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by AITP or the parties donating prizes for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, cable, satellite, network, electronic, Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest. AITP and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Use of website is at user’s own risk. AITP and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest. Should any portion of the contest be, in AITP’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of AITP, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or uploading of submissions, AITP reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest, and select the winners from eligible submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by AITP.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, submitters (and submitter's parent or legal guardian if Submitter is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release AITP and parties donating prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter's participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
11/4/2016 » 11/6/2016
AITP Region 18 Fall Conference and Student Contest
November 16th, 2016 Chapter Meeting