No matter how sophisticated the technology, it still takes people!™
Going off of our tagline, AITP is the community of IT knowledge focused on empowering the IT profession by evolving its members to their full potential as a professional.
It is our goal and our purpose to provide a community network for the IT business professionals to reach their true potential by providing education programs for advancing technology and business skills, leadership development opportunities, networking, peer mentoring, knowledge sharing and online resources.
Membership in AITP provides numerous opportunities to advance your IT knowledge and business skills to meet the in demand skills of the new IT business professional.
As an AITP member, you will:
- Meet people working in your field of interest through chapter and region meetings
- Learn about career and business opportunities through our online community and Career Center
- Stay abreast of industry trends with our Knowledge Center and Information Executive newsletter
- Polish your leadership skills by joining a national committee, your local chapter’s board or by serving as a faculty advisor
- Converge your technology skills with business skills while attending virtual workshops
- Build lifelong relationships, and
- Stay connected with the world of the new IT Professionals!
AITP’s excellent membership benefits include access to members-only services as well as discounts on many products and services.
Here are just a few of the benefits you receive by joining:
- A: Advance your professional network and meet people working in your field of interest through chapter and region meetings.
- I: Influence others with your knowledge and experience while being informed by others on current industry trends through professional social media outlets such as LinkedIn.
- T: Take advantage of discounts offered by our partners, alliances and affiliates.
- P: Partake in special interest groups such as EDSIG and ICCP, which are nationally known and recognized.
- B: Build your knowledge by participating in member only seminars, workshops and conferences.
- E: Engage yourself with student member only scholarships and competitions.
- N: Network with some of the country’s most influential Technology professionals.
- E: Exceed your expectations of leadership by joining a national committee or by becoming a professional or student mentor.
- F: Focus on your future career by utilizing the Career Center to look for and apply to jobs.
- I: Inform others by submitting your published white papers that will receive national coverage and recognition.
- T: Tap into your future by building relationships with other IT professionals that could lead to career and business opportunities.
- S: Show your commitment to the IT profession - provide a voice for the future.