Everyone knows that without a plan and actionable goals, resolutions can be pretty easy to break. So if you’re committed to making 2019 a year of growth in your IT career, we can help. With career resources, continuing education, and access to events and volunteer opportunities, we’ve compiled an easy checklist for CompTIA AITP members and IT pros who want to get on track and stay on track. Get started on these action items today and watch your career take off in 2019.
Engage and grow your professional network.
- Reach out to an old coworker or boss and set a date for coffee.
- Take your LinkedIn game to the next level.
- Attend a tech industry event with business cards in hand. No events in your area? Try networking online to expand your professional connections and clout.
Get involved in the industry.
- Join a CompTIA Workforce Community and get in-depth with a tech industry issue that resonates with you. CompTIA AITP members get full access to Advancing Women in Technology (AWIT), Advancing Diversity in Technology, Future Leaders and Technology Lifecycle Services.
- Find out if there’s a CompTIA AITP chapter near you and plan to attend the next meeting.
Continue your tech education.
- Read our top tech articles of 2018.
- Watch on-demand webinars about tech topics like cloud, IoT and networking. Members: Access the webinars by logging in to the member portal.
- Put your member discount to good use on CompTIA certifications. Find out what your IT personality is and add to your credentials.
Sharpen those soft skills.
- Learn which soft skills matter most based on where you are in your IT career.
- Explore thousands of on-demand business and soft skills courses on BizLibrary or check out the playlists we’ve compiled. Not a member? Learn more about this valuable educational benefit.
Be open to (and ready for) new opportunities.
- Explore the possibilities: Is a startup right for you? Does working remote (or even becoming a digital nomad) make sense for your lifestyle? Should you start your own business?
- Refine your personal brand.
- Update your resume—and make sure to add some stand-out items—so you’re ready to act when you find the perfect opportunity.