Chapter Outstanding Performance Award (COPA) Deadline is Feb. 6, ROCA Deadline is March 12
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Posted by: Barb Shaver, Association Awards Committee Chair
NEW DEADLINE - Award Year 2011 Chapter Outstanding Performance Award (COPA) - Submission to begin December 1, 2011 and will end February 6, 2012.
NEW COPA, ROCA, AOCA 2012 DEADLINES FOR THE 2011 AWARD YEAR CYCLE
The 2012 deadline for submitting COPA documentation for the 2011 award year has been established.
All COPA submissions can be sent in beginning December 1, 2011 to the Association Professional Awards Committee, but no later than February 6, 2012. The current spreadsheet has been updated with some cosmetic changes. PLEASE don't wait until the last minute to submit. THE DUE DATE IS NO LONGER SHOWN ON THE SPREADSHEET. Deadlines will be announced each year for the appropriate award year.
The Region Presidents deadline is March 12, 2012 to notify the Awards Committee of their Region Outstanding Chapter Award (ROCA) recipient. All supporting documentation (maximum of three) should be requested from the recipient chapter and submitted with the ROCA selection notification, if possible. If not, it must be submitted within three (3) days or the recipient chapter will be submitted without any additional documentation.
The Association Outstanding Chapter Award (AOCA) is to be selected by an independent committee. The Association President, Norbert Kubilus will determine the AOCA selection, announcement and presentation schedule.
This is an aggressive schedule, but necessary in order to accomplish the task in time for a Spring 2012 announcement. We need YOUR help to stay on target! Use the instructions below to access the appropriate spreadsheets:
Go to http://www.aitp.org/. Sign in.
In the left navigation rail, hover over "AITP Leaders Only”.
In the sub-menu that pops up, hover over "Manuals & Forms”.
In the sub-sub-menu that pops up, click on Professional Awards.
A direct link to that page is: http://www.aitp.org/?page=Professional_Awards.
All submissions should be mailed to: email@example.com.
SOME COPA TIPS – WHERE TO GET THE INFO?
Information to complete the COPA spreadsheet (& IPA) can be found in:
- Chapter Board of Directors Minutes
- Chapter Committee Reports & Region Board of Directors Reports
- Chapter Publicity Articles, Chapter-linked Websites
- Attendee Lists
- Region Board of Directors Meeting Attendance (usually in the minutes)
- Region and Association Conference Attendance lists
- Chapter Dinner Meeting Attendance (financial record)
- Reimbursement records for Conference Attendance
- Various event attendance lists (Chapter, Industry, Local)
- Volunteer lists for events
- Virtual Water Cooler Attendance and/or presenter lists
- Attendance lists for Association Board of Directors and Region Presidents Council meetings
- Chapter, Region and Association Committee documents
WHERE IT MIGHT BE ENTERED
Where does it fit? No specific area? OTHER
Use this section to put in ALL the items that fit that category, but doesn't have a specific place.
You may need to put an item into the ‘Other' box in one or more categories.
If an item fits into more than one category, enter it into EVERY category it fits into. For example:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SHEET
- Some items fit both Business and Local categories, so put the items into both categories under the ‘other' heading.
- If it fits Chapter, Business and Giving Forward – put the items into all the categories under the ‘other' heading.
Use this area for ANYTHING you want to specifically highlight that doesn't fit under a given category. These items could also be entered into the ‘other' heading, but those areas may already be extensive. So, this gives you another place to enter significant information. Some examples:
- Your membership doubled during the year.
- Chapter meeting programs were outstanding and attendance was significantly increased.
- Chapter received special recognition or hosted an unusual or special event.
- Chapter member(s) received special recognition or award(s) from Business or Local Communities.
WHERE TO FIND MORE INFORMATION
Contact any of the following:
Your Association Professional Awards Committee
Barb Shaver, 2012 Chair